Sunday, April 19, 2009

Skittles anyone?

Taven being of school age and interested in all sorts of things decided that he wanted to do a science project to take to school. We attended science night and learned how to make the board and all of that so I said why not. Well yesterday we got the stuff to "Scientifically see what color of skittles has the most per pack" He and Aspen opened the packs and did a good job of recording the numbers. The rest was up to me to put it altogether, I think I worked on the stupid thing for 5 hours before I was finshed. I can already tell that I am going to be the mom that fusses over her kids homework to make sure that it is perfect- I don't want to be, really I don't- but what choice to I have? Anyway he takes it to school tomorrow and for now we have a ton of Skittles to eat! YUMMY!

3 comments:

Heather said...

Xander had to do the science fair in 2nd grade. We found a fun project idea. He did all the experimentation but when it came time to do the poster and report he couldn't figure out how to express what was happening. He understood what was going on but didn't have the scientific vocabulary to express it. So basically we sat at the computer and I told him what to type.

All the other project displays were so sloppy and had obviously been done completely by the student. Xander's looked professional all typed up and organized. The following year when they sent the science fair note home it specifically said to "make sure that the kids do all the work"; I felt like they had typed the note specifically for me. Oh well what do you do?

Silvia said...

Hello Reeds!
Is so nice see your blog.

We hope to see you all soon,

Love,
Oscar & Silvia

malleygirl said...

WOW!! You guys moved! You need to give us an update! I figured Ryan was done with school! Let us know whats up! Wade is done in Dec. We'll probably stay here for another year or two. Ever want to go to San Francisco, you've got a place to stay!